Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fish Trap Lake

Saturday after we took the boys to Merit Badge Clinic for the third Saturday, Jake Scott and I did some recon of the lake we'll take them to next Friday afternoon for an overnighter. Here is the cataracts of the inlet to the Lake.
We crossed above the falls and did so without having to get our feet wet. We weren't so lucky at the outlet where we waded above the spillway. Jake promised me I wouldn't slip and slide down it. Thanks, Jake, it worked!
Jake, doing what he does so well, riding in style!

Here I am IN THE SHADE on the south side of the lake looking at the cliff in the background that we were previously riding on.

2 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

Brrr...don't stand in the shade. :) Steve is so excited for everyone to come this summer. He has at least three different hikes that he thinks you will love. Thankfully you have the most flexible wife and you could probably go on any of the three. A couple hikes are local (Lone Peak Mt. near Alpine) and then I think he would really love to do the Wave. Man, I'm so glad we did Zion last year. That was a blast.

Chris Howell said...

Sign me up for all three!! Yeah, baby.