Sunday, November 15, 2009

First Snow of the Winter of 09-10





Howard Ashby and I took an early morning hike to Rocks of Sharon, just south of Spokane from the Dishman Hills area. We left about 7:30 and returned home about 12:30 happy and excited from the time in the woods and together. I took what it would take to heat some hot chocolate along the way, but failed to bring the gas for my backpack stove so we improvised with a match built fire.....boy did that test our scout skills. We had a couple false starts and blew til we almost passed out and finally with lots of dry pine needles that Howard found, we had our cup of hot chocolate albeit with some ash in it. Hello winter!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Cool. They were snowmobiling on Snoqualmie today.

Chris Howell said...

I sure hope my bike comes in and we have some weather that would allow some riding.